1. Half a cup of pumpkin cubes, 1 ripe banana (needs to be ripe enough that it has black spots on the skin)
2. Halve the pumpkin, peel and de-seed it, cut into cubes
3. Add 3 inches of water to a pot and then insert a steamer basket – add the pumpkin cubes
4. Bring water to a boil and then steam gently until soft and cooked. Be sure to check on the water level
4. Mix the steamed pumpkin with the banana and mash. If too dry, thin with breast milk or baby formula.
For 1 year olds you can use cow whole milk.
Makes yummy lunch or addition to your baby’s yogurt or cereal.
You can use pumpkin mash with:
Steamed/ Baked Pears
Steamed/ Boiled Sweet Peas
Well cooked chicken (leftovers from your roast)